Skip to main content
The mission of the Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons is to continually enhance the quality and value of health care.
TO ACHIEVE THIS MISSION THE SOCIETY EMBRACES THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
- To promote optimal patient care by encouraging the practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery according to the guidelines outlined in the Parameters of Care, developed by and for the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- To maintain the specialty’s pre-eminent position as the provider of oral and maxillofacial surgical care.
- To remain the pre-eminent evaluator of surgical care performed in the oral and maxillofacial region.
- To establish a state organization of the highest caliber so that all eligible oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Texas will desire to become members.
- To fund, through an appropriate dues structure, an organization capable of maintaining pre-eminence among state societies.
- To maintain an open level of communication between the academic community and private sector, so as to provide the highest quality of health care services.
- To promote optimal patient care by ensuring that each member complete the Emergency Office Anesthesia Evaluation including a review every five years.
- To promote and encourage the advancement of the practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery to the highest standards of quality, to the end that the relations of the profession with the public shall be worthy of full confidence.
- To educate the people of the State of Texas regarding the specific advanced training, qualifications, and functions of those providers who practice oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- To ensure that each member is kept abreast of the development, actions, and activities of the Board of Directors and Officers.
- To provide a forum for membership input on a biannual basis. These forums will be held in conjunction with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons’ Annual Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- To provide among it members, opportunities for social and professional community.